Monday, February 11, 2013

Monday Memories 038::Husband's WoW Cake

Husband's 29th birthday
 
Husband's birthday is this week.  On Valentine's Day! 
It's the best celebrating the birthday of the man I love on the lover's holiday. 
Really, it is. 
It's fun to shower him with birthday presents, candy, hugs, kisses, and valentines.
 
On Husband's 29th birthday I made him a "fancy" cake. 
Well, I attempted...
He was really in to World of Warcraft in those days, so I made him a WoW cake - or at least tried to. 
And then I didn't have enough frosting to frost the whole thing...the cake got all crumbly when I tried to frost it...I only had a 2 candle and made a 9 out of the other candles...and the kids thought it said MoM...
 
Like I said, I tried.
I no longer try to make cakes that aren't the shape of a cake pan :)
 
I don't remember what we got him for his birthday that year.
But I'm sure that we heart attacked his car and I made him a candy gram.
It is tradition after all.
 
I think back at that time in our lives...
We had been in our first house for less than a year.
We were very tight on money.
We were weeks away from Second Daughter's birth.
It was a great time in our little family.
We grew up a lot that year.
 
This week for Husband's birthday we will go out for a Birthday/Valentine's dinner on his actual birthday and then have a family celebration on Friday night with cake. 
Chocolate with peanut butter cream cheese frosting.
He's going to love it!
 
It's going to be a great week and another great birthday memory!
 
 
 
So...you may also like::
::Monday Memories 017::My Valentine his birthday 2006.  a fun tradition.
::Monday Memories 016::Birthday Boys his 30th birthday 2008.
 
Thanks for stopping by!


1 comment:

The Yuan Fam said...

I'm totally with you on making cakes that are only the shape of the cake pans!! Maya's cake last year was a disaster. Have a fun celebration!