Monday, December 22, 2008

So...me

I am Megan.

I was born and raised in Needham, MA and even though I haven't lived back east for eight years, I will always feel like it is my home. I am a New Englander by heart and always will be.

I am a full time mother and wife. I am realizing that a lot of the daily tasks of being a homemaker and mother don't come naturally to me, but I am learning more and more tricks each year and learning to enjoy the little things. I LOVE my kids and my husband more than anything. They are my world.

I am LDS. I was born into an LDS family, raised in the church, baptized when I was eight, and all the rest. My faith and my testimony strengthen me everyday. My testimony of the Savior and His gospel help me to know who I am and why I am here. Christ is my Savior and with Him I can do anything and be anything. He helps me be a better mother, a better wife, a better friend, and a better person.

I am a musician. I studied violin almost my whole life and studied music at BYU. I currently teach violin and piano and love that. I wish that I could play in an orchestra - that is my passion. Someday I will, but for now I will enjoy attending the symphony instead of performing in it. I also LOVE listening to all genres of music. Music really speaks to me and helps me understand my own feelings and emotions whether it's Mozart, Beethoven, Led Zepplin, or Dave Matthews. I love music. It is so much a part of me I couldn't imagine life without it.

I am an athlete. Although I am not involved in sports as I used to be, I will always be an athlete at heart. I love sports and I love to compete. I don't get as much excitement out of watching sports, but I do enjoy it if I care about the team or sport involved. I admire all athletes that have the ability, skill, and commitment to pursue that dream. This is my one passion that I haven't yet figured out how to keep in my life. Competetive sports are not as easily accessible to stay at home moms, but I think someday I will find joy and satisfaction out of my kids athletics (if they are even interested in sports - **fingers crossed**) I coached lacrosse for a few years and enjoyed that. Perhaps someday I will be able to pursue that again. Who knows.

I love to cook and bake. I by no means consider myself a cook, but I do enjoy it. I enjoy trying new recipes and developing my own. I also really love cooking and baking for others. And this time of year I am definitely loving cooking and baking special things for the holidays.

I love crafts. I am learning to sew, I knit a bit, I scrapbook some, and I like to try any craft that catches my attention. I am willing to try just about anything when it comes to crafts. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but it's REALLY fun when it does!

I enjoy writing. I really am just a wannabe, not a great writer. I do enjoy it and I hope to be a better writer someday. For some reason I think I have something valuable to say. I'm not really sure what or why, but I am drawn to writing. I am completely aware that probably nobody cares about anything I have to say - but me thinking that maybe somebody out there does, kind of makes me enjoy writing. So I'm going to just pretend like someone out there does care and keep writing :)

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I care - so thank you.