Wednesday, February 13, 2013

So...This Time of Year

Normally, this time of year I am sick of the winter.
I am sick of the cold and just done done done.
This year, I'll admit, I still am not in love with the cold, but my perspective has changed a bit.

Lately I have seen this time of year in a different light.
Lately I have seen the hope this time of year brings instead of the dreary.

It's amazing what one sunny day can do.
It can still be 30 degrees outside, but the sun brings people out of there houses, puts smiles on their faces, and brings a little extra optimism.
Sunshine is a powerful thing.

The longer the cold lasts, the more a little sunshine is appreciated.
A sunny day is a symbol of hope.  Hope of the Spring that is right around the corner.  Hope that things will get a little better and a little brighter.

I've been through enough winters to know that no matter how bad it is, no matter how cold it is, no matter how much snow falls and stay on the ground, Spring will come.  Warmth will come.

I love all the seasons.
Some I may love more than others, but I really do love all of them.

Right now I love the way the cold air feels in my lungs when I take a deep breath of fresh air.
I love the magic of falling snow.
I love the excitement in my children when they get to build a snowman or a snow angel.
I love how my kids freak out when I put my cold hands on their warm cheeks.
I love the warm fires burning at night.
I love the extra blankets and the cozy sweatshirts and socks.
I love the longer nights with my family at home.
I love the days when we get a peek at the sun and how magnificent it feels on my face.

I am super excited for Spring - yes, oh yes I am - but for now I am loving the winter.

P.S.  Mom & Dad - if you feel the burning desire to take me with you the next time you head to Miami in February, I'd be ok with that.  I don't love winter that much. :)



So...you may also like::
::Monday Memories 019::Winter Outting i'm always glad when we do.
::So...It's Crazy Cold it's been a cold winter.
::So...Set 2 remember when i exercised? 

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: