Thursday, April 17, 2014

So...Killing Me Softly

So...this allergy season is killing me.
Killing me.

I don't know what is in the air that my body so badly dislikes, but I feel like I want to itch my eye balls with sand paper half of the day.  And the roof of my mouth.  And the inside of my ears.  I haven't worn makeup for about a month now and it's kinda funny how many people ask me if I'm OK when they see me.  The no-eye-makeup-swollen-watery-eye-balls look is not so flattering and kinda makes me look like I've been crying for weeks.  I don't really have an excuse for the hair, except that if I'm not going to do my makeup, why do my hair?  Or get dressed for that matter? :)
This is my logic.

Which reminds me...

Whenever First Daughter catches me in the bathroom getting myself dolled up, she always says, "you look prettier without makeup on, Mom."  It is the sweetest thing.  I love that she knows and sees that beauty is more than a pretty face.  I hope that she always remembers that. 

She also caught me this week checking Facebook and she said, "You're on Facebook?  I thought you didn't do Facebook."  It may have just been me, but I thought I heard a hint of disappointment in her voice.  I admit, when she said that, there was a part of me that wished I had stuck to my anti-facebook commitment.  I want my kids to know that it is OK not to be doing the same things that everyone else is doing.  That's kinda what my not-being-on-Facebook thing turned into, but now that's not there.  Hmm... I may have to reevaluate this decision...

Spring break was last week and it was so nice to have some time off and some good weather to enjoy.  It got us all very excited for the summer.  I'm a lot less organized coming into this summer - no camps or swimming lessons lined up - but we do have one big family vacation/reunion that we are very much looking forward to. 

I'm getting the feeling that this summer is going to be a regrouping time for us - a time to get into a rhythm around here and for me to get a handle on things again.  We could use some focus-on-our-family time.  Son #2 was born right in the middle of a very busy time and then school started right away and we've kind of just been holding on for the ride all school year.  We've been getting by and getting to where we need to be and doing what we need to do, but we're still in survival mode and it will be nice to restore some sort of order (as much as we can).  I keep looking for more and more ways to simplify our lives and opportunities to teach our kids to find fun wherever they are and to be content with their circumstances.

I'm working on this myself - learning to be content, see the abundance, and be filled with gratitude.  I love everything about my life.  It is definitely not perfect, but it is beautiful and wonderful and full.  I'm not always good about remembering this, but I want so much to be better at it.

I don't know how I got so lucky, but I am married to the most amazing man.
He is my most favorite thing in the whole world and my greatest blessing.
My kids are too, but they can be annoying sometimes...believe it or not, Husband never annoys me.

Except for when he goes and loses 40 lbs. in 2 1/2 months without doing anything except eating less - that's kinda annoying, I'm not gonna lie, but I love him anyway :)

And speaking of annoying...
You know what's annoying?
Allergies.
I'm so done with them.



So...you may also like::
::So...My Day Job
::So...Megan in Real Life
::So...Crazy, Messy, Beautiful

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: