Monday, August 12, 2013

Monday Memories 061::A Homecoming

Little Brother, August 2011

In August of 2011 I was able to go home to Boston, sans kiddos, to welcome my little brother home from his two year mission in Argentina.  I was so glad I was able to do that.  It was so wonderful to be with my family and to be there to welcome Little Brother home.  I love his guts and missed him so much while he was gone.  Being there to give him a big hug was really really great.

It was kind of a funny reunion though.  We were waiting by the baggage claim for him, and weren't looking in the right place when he came down the escalator.  Instead of standing there waiting for him with open arms (which we planned on doing) he actually ran up to us from behind and gave us all hugs.  Mom & Dad were delayed in traffic and not at the airport yet, so we convinced him to go back upstairs and reenact the whole thing again so Mom & Dad didn't feel bad that they missed his official return.  It was funny and awesome, and we eventually did tell them the truth, but for a few moments we let them believe they made it on time :)

I really love that Little Bro has been living here in Provo while going to school at BYU.  I think he's pretty awesome and love that we've grown closer in these years he's been in college.  We were even lucky enough to have him living at our house last semester.  It was so awesome having him here and we miss him a lot.  So excited for him and his fiancĂ©'s upcoming wedding!

There really is nothing like family.  Even when things aren't going perfectly, family is what it's all about.  These relationships and these people are so important and I love the two incredible families Husband and I came from and cherish the family we are building together.



So...you may also like::
::Monday Memories 028::A Visit From Grandma
::Monday Memories 032::Christmas Edition
::Monday Memories 045::Easter Cousins

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: