Monday, March 25, 2013

Monday Memories 044::Second Preg Meg

This picture has found its way to this blog a couple of times.
Mostly because I still can't get over that stomach - it literally looked like a basketball shoved up my shirt.  It felt like it too. 

Pregnant with Second Daughter I remember...

::craving Starburst jellybeans and rainbow sherbet.
::being on the tightest budget of our married lives - $100/month grocery budget which included diapers and milk for a one year old!
::making really bad meals out of "reinvented" leftovers. 
::baking lots of homemade bread.
::craving salad with balsamic vinaigrette.
::trying to potty train First Daughter for about a day and realizing it isn't very easy cleaning pee and poop off the carpet when your belly looks like the above picture.
::spending most of the pregnancy planning a high school lacrosse trip to my home town in MA.
::baking a lot for bake sales.
::dying my hair regularly from a store bought box to help my blond highlights grow out. 
::spending lots of time with First Daughter at the slide in the mall.
::steak & cheese sandwiches.
::watching One Tree Hill during nap time.
::taking long late night hot showers.
::being worried about sharing my love with another baby.
::feeling like there was so much baby inside me.  (little did I know what was ahead of me with Son)
::Second Daughter constantly moving inside me.
::First Daughter trying to push my belly out of the way so she could snuggle in my lap of the Big Blue Chair.
::being so excited and nervous about becoming a mother of two.

I love how each pregnancy/birth has its own set of memories and stories.
I love how all of these experiences have molded me as a mother and us as a family.
I love all the bits and pieces of our own little family history.

And right now, with Baby #5, we are adding to that history and I absolutely love that.



So...you may also like::
::So...10::Where They Are Comfortable on the blue beast.
::So...Right Now i am loving...
::Monday Memories 013::Underoos they double as a hat.  didn't you know?

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I think you need to do a post on how to live off 100 dollars a month on groceries!! That's impressive!

The Yuan Fam said...

Looking forward to #5's pictures!!! Miss you and love you guys!!!!