Sunday, October 13, 2013

So...In a Latter-Day Saint Home...

“In a Latter-day Saint home, children are not simply tolerated, but welcomed; not commanded, but encouraged; not driven, but guided; not neglected, but loved”
 
 
I was so grateful to find this talk this week.  
Such an important reminder for me.
 
In the transitional periods of being pregnant, having a baby, and regrouping with a new addition to our family, talks like this help me regain perspective and prioritize my efforts when things feel overwhelming.  I'm thankful to be reminded of the importance of strengthening our home and family and my important role.  It can be hard sometimes to stay focused on that, but I sure am trying.  Sometimes that means saying "no" to good things out of the home in order to say "yes" to great things in the home.  It can be hard work, but it's the best work.
 
So thankful for the prophet and his ever wise counsel. 
So thankful for my family and the many chances they give me to learn and get better at this mom business.  They are wonderful to me and I love them so much.
 
I need to post this quote somewhere in my house.
I've decided.
 
 
So...you may also like::
 
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: