Monday, October 28, 2013

Monday Memories 064::To Be A Sister

me & Sis Inlaw on the Freedom Trail in Boston, summer 2002

Today I am thankful for this amazing sister I have. 
 
Over eleven years ago, this sister of mine flew all the way out to Boston to meet me.  Her brother and I were dating pretty seriously and she was preparing to leave for a 1 1/2 year mission.  She wanted to meet me in case I married her brother while she was gone.  So Husband (back then he was Boyfriend) and she flew from San Jose, CA all the way to Boston, MA for no other reason than to visit me.  Isn't that amazing of her?
 
We did some of the touristy Boston things like the Freedom Trail seen above.  I think I walked more of the Freedom Trail that night than I ever had at one time before in my life!  I'm pretty sure we ended up taking a taxi back to our car because we had walked so far and it was so late we wouldn't be able to walk all the way back.  We also went to the Boston Commons, Nubble Light House, and some other things I can't really remember now...
 
I remember chatting with her and getting to know her and really enjoying that.  I remember being young and selfish and pretty focused on her brother, (sorry about that!) but appreciating so much the chance she gave me to get to know her a little before marrying into her family.
 
She has taught me so much about being a sister.  I have always felt loved and accepted by her.  The older I get the more I realize what an incredible blessing that is.  She is so great!  I love her and am so thankful to have gained such an incredible sister when I married into such an incredible family. 
 
And I'm even more thankful that we finally get to live close to these guys!!!  Her family has (finally) moved to Utah!  We love being able to see them more often and are way excited to go trick-or-treating with them this week.  Yay for having family close!  We are so blessed!
 
 
 
So...you may also like::
 
Thanks for stopping by!



1 comment:

Becky said...

I've been out of the blogging world for a couple of months....but, I tuned in just in time. I LOVE YOUR SISTER TOO!!!

And Meg you are a great cousin. Love you! (sad I didn't get to see you this summer...but so happy for your new babe!)