Friday, March 8, 2013

So...Reminiscing

Yesterday I ran into a friend that used to live in my neighborhood at Costco.
It was so wonderful.
I love reconnecting and catching up.
We talked about our shared love for our neighborhood and the remarkable people that live here.
After our short visit (we need to get together so we can visit longer!) I started thinking about our time in this neighborhood and I how blessed I feel to live here.

When we were house shopping seven years ago there was something special about this neighborhood that stood out to us. 
We felt drawn here. 
We felt like this was our home.
We didn't know anybody that lived over here and didn't know anything about the neighborhood.
In fact, we were trying to avoid buying a house in Provo, but our feelings changed when we found this little piece of heaven by the river.
We moved into our first house in May of 2006.
First Daughter was just barely one year old.
I was 22.
That life feels ages ago, yet not very long ago at all.

Our life was very different then.
Very simple and very quiet.
We spent most of our days just First Daughter and I, walking around our cul-de-sac, playing in our yard, walking/running on the river trail, napping, reading books, singing songs, playing with toys.  It was heaven.
 
We didn't know very many people, but felt welcomed and comfortable.
It took some time to get to know our neighbors, but it was the beginning of some very special friendships.  We knew pretty quickly that this was a place where we would want to stay for a long time.  We hoped to eventually find a bigger house in the neighborhood to move into and were able to do that five years later.  It was such a blessing.
It is amazing how fast time goes by.
Now First Daughter is almost 8.
Our family has grown by three more children and a dog.
Husband and I are coming up on our ten year anniversary.
I am turning 30 this year.
Our lives have changed a lot, but in some ways are still the same.

I am so thankful for this home we have found so far away from our "homes," and the family we have found here in our friends. 
We really have grown up a lot and literally built our family in this neighborhood.
We couldn't have asked for anything more.

And I am thankful for all the wonderful memories that we have here.
I love being surrounded by them everywhere I turn.
First Daughter 2006, 13 months old - the same age Son is now.
We had a lot of fun in that back yard, her and I...



So...you may aslo like::
::So...Happy Cry happy birthday bear.
::So...PB&H oh how i love that trail.
::So...Worth It being a parent is the best - even when it's not.

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

So glad I ran into you, it really made my day! We'll get together soon!

MommyMert said...

Just so you know.. I almost started crying looking at these pictures! Baby (First Daughter) Oh... stars. I miss those days sometimes. Happy of my season now... but oh... those were good days too. It does feel like ages ago sometimes.

Autumn said...

I love, love, love this neighborhood too