Friday, January 25, 2013

So...A Delicious Treat to Start the Weekend

The other afternoon I had this delicious treat of a snack.
 
My new visiting teacher brought me these beyond delicious soft ginger snaps with lemon frosting. 
Seriously, they were to die for.
And the frosting!
I could have eaten it by the spoonful.
I already knew I loved this friend of mine, but now I think I love her even more!
 
Lately, I'm also loving this green smoothie recipe another one of my friends shared with me recently.
Don't be deceived by it's looks - it tastes like a peanut butter shake!
I don't know if these are the right measurements she told me, but this is how I make it.
 
Green Peanut Butter Smoothie
 
1 c. milk
1/2 c. vanilla greek yogurt
1-2 large handful(s) of spinach
1 T peanut butter
1/2 banana (I don't love bananas, so I put half.  You could put a whole one or two if you want)
ice

Sometimes I add some vanilla protein shake mix.
Blend.

It is so delicious and very filling.

Now...
If only I could get my hands on that cookie + icing recipe...

This weekend will be full.
It's going to be great.

Tonight is date night.
My favorite night of the week!
This time it's dinner + Phantom of the Opera with some friends.
I hope Husband makes in home from work in time...

Tomorrow is Son's first birthday.
Cannot believe that.
We'll have cake and balloons and lots of smiles.

Tomorrow night I am performing at the American Fork City Hall with my incredibly talented friend Lara Johnson.  If you're in the area and don't have plans, you should come check us out! 
The show is from 7-8:30 and will feature 6 lds artists.  $10 per couple, $25 per family.

Happy Weekend Everyone!
Stay warm!



So...you may also like::
::So...My Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies soooo good.
::So...Granola Bars a favorite.
::So...New Favorite white chocolate coconut cookies.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: