Wednesday, November 21, 2012

So...The Day Before

Happy Thanksgiving Eve everyone!
I think I'm going to love this day.
We plan on staying in our jammies, lounging around the house, and just being together.

Third Daughter is the only one I could get to try this beautiful pomegranite.
She's loving it.  Real fruit snacks!

With the girlies help, I've started preparations for the big dinner tomorrow.  The bread is cubed and veggies chopped ready for stuffing.  Next we will be peeling potatoes for the mashed potatoes - our favorite side dish.  Later we will be baking pies and trying our best not to taste them.

Thanksgiving dinner is my favorite.  To eat and to cook.  I absolutely love cooking holiday food, and I absolutely love cooking for those I love.  It is my favorite.  I love today, and I love tomorrow.

I'm hoping that tomorrow, between basting the turkey and other last minute preparations, we will get in a game of family football or our favorite card game, UNO.  We definitely will be watching the Macey's Thanksgiving Day parade and A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving.  Oh how I love holiday traditions.

And today we officially are breaking out the Christmas music.
We will mostly be listening to this favorite Christmas mix from last year::

Christmas Mix 2011

It's Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas::Michael Buble
Winter Wonderland::Jewel
The First Noel::NSync
Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer::Jack Johnson
God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen/We Three Kings::Barenaked Ladies ft. Sarah McLachlan
Little Drummer Boy::Glee Cast
Christmas Canon::Trans-Siberian Orchestra
Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas::Sarah McLachlan
Happy Xmas (War Is Over)::John Lennon
Joy to the World::Jewel
O Come All Ye Faithful::David Archuleta
Silver Bells::Elvis Presley
All I Want for Christmas is You::Michael Buble
Song For a Winter's Night::Sarah McLachlan
Do You Hear What I Hear::Glee Cast
Christmas Song::Dave Matthews
Angels We Have Heard On High::David Archuleta
How Great Thou Art::Carrie Underwood
O Holy Night::NSync
Ave Maria::Jewel
Breath of Heaven::Amy Grant
Silent Night::Boyz II Men


What are you doing today to prepare for Thanksgiving?
Do you have any Thanksgiving traditions?
What is your favorite pie???

Me?  Lemon Meringue all the way.

Today I am thankful that we always have enough to eat, and most of the times more than we need.
We thank God everyday for that blessing.



So...you may also like::
::So...Thankful 2009.
::So...Already? love those leftovers.
::So...Homemade Soup excited to make some!


Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Hannah said...

Oooh...I do love a good, tart lemon meringue. (Never made one, though. I'm intimidated.) My favorite is banana cream.

Good luck with your preparations. I'm going to spend today like a typical procrastinator...grocery shopping.

Lexi said...

I get to cook my first turkey this year so it should be interesting. I just finished preparing the brine and it smells delicious :) Next up: pie crust. I like my pies layered so I am making pumpkin and chocolate pudding each with a layer of cream cheese. I just love all food.

MommyMert said...

Tim's Moms apple pie. Yum.... after that, I will take basically any pie.

tamikate said...

I need a CD of this playlist... I am in love with it. :)