Thursday, November 5, 2009

So...thankful

I love Thanksgiving.
It is my favorite holiday.
Great food + family/friends + sleep + Husband home = favorite holiday

I love the anticipation of Thanksgiving.
Everyone seems to be thinking of things they're thankful for.
I am thankful for that.
It just feels good.
I'm thankful for people being thankful.

Things that have been on my mind lately that I am thankful for:
(in no particular order)

Husband's job. I can't even say how thankful I am for that. I'm thankful that he 1) HAS a job, 2) enjoys his work, 3) feels appreciated and feels like he's good at what he does, 4) gets P.T.O. and can take days off when family is in town, 5) he doesn't travel, 6) is home almost every night for dinner.

Homemade bread. It is just so yummy and I love making it. Great combination. And I'm glad that I can make a loaf of bread to save me a trip to the store, where you know I would buy more than just the bread we need.

Great friends. Being able to talk to someone about anything, everything, or nothing at all, makes all the difference in my life. I love my friends. They give me so much strength.

Sunny November days. I just love everything about fall, but add some sunshine and I'm in heaven.

My inlaws. I love and respect Husband's family and parents so much. I am so grateful to have such awesome inlaws. I look to them often as examples and learn so much from them. They are so much a part of Husband and who he is. For that alone, I will always be grateful to them.

Choices and freedom. There is so much to this one, but I'm specifically thankful that I 1) that I can make choices, 2) that I live where I can make my own choices, 3) that I can choose to change.

The list could go on and on, but I'm going to stop there for now.
Don't be surprised if it continues another day.
'Tis the month to be extra thankful.

No comments: