Saturday, November 17, 2012

So...Just Breathe

Oh man...

Some times I just need to take a deep breath...
And remember that I'm not perfect...
And just relax...

Which sounds silly because I don't even want to be perfect.
I just want to be a good person...and be happy...and be a good mom...and love God.

Yet, there are times and situations that make me more aware of my imperfections.  Somehow I start believing that because I have imperfections I am not a good person, I'm not happy, I'm not a good mom, and I'm just fooling myself.

Why does this happen?
It really doesn't make sense to me.
Sometimes it's just hard to keep perspective.

I've been trying really hard to control my thoughts - not to let myself travel down this road of self-doubt and destructive thoughts revolving around my imperfect human traits.  I've been trying to think positively, speak positively, and live positively.  I've been trying to focus on the good and be grateful.  I've been trying not to complain - especially about the struggles that come along with the incredible blessings in my life.  I've been trying to be more private in my struggles and to rely on prayer and my husband.  Not because I want to hide my imperfections and struggles, but because I really do believe that there is great power in these things. 

I really do believe that our hearts can be changed and that life can be sweeter just by choosing to change our attitude.  I'm still learning a lot about this and trying to figure it all out.

And honestly, I feel like I've been doing pretty good.
I've been making a lot of progress and feeling the positive effects of these efforts.

But man, sometimes it is really hard.
And you know...that's OK.
I am not perfect.
Not even in my efforts.
But I am trying, and that is important.

I don't think we are meant to learn things perfectly the moment we realize what needs to change, where we want to be, or how we want to live.  We learn bit by bit, experience by experience.  Like the scriptures teach, we learn line up line, precept upon precept.

I am feeling this principle to be true so strongly in my life.
I feel myself learning great things little by little, mistake by mistake, success by success, moment by moment. 

Most of the lessons are like tiny little pieces of a huge puzzle.  They don't make much sense alone, but I slowly start to understand as the pieces come together.  Sometimes it's hard to see the whole picture and understand why things are the way they are.  I may find a blue piece that looks like it's part of the water, but it is actually part of the sky.   Even though I may have a picture on a box of what the puzzle will look like at the end, it still can be hard to know where the pieces fit until they start actually fitting together. 

And it is OK.

Just breathe.
And smile.
And live life.
And keep trying.
And be happy.

Every little thing is gonna be alright.
In fact, it will be wonderful.
It feels so good when even just two pieces fit together.



So...you may also like::
::So...Worth It it so it.
::So...Lessons to Learn boy do i have them.
::So...A Sunday beautiful sunday.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: