Wednesday, June 6, 2012

So...Son's Mix

Son, 1 day old::laying in the hospital bed with me makin a mix

Within hours of his birth, it was clear that Son had also inherited a love for music.

While laying there together in the quiet hospital room for the allotted 48 hours, we listened to song after song, compiling a mix in honor of him.

His squirmy newborn body would grow calm and still when I held the ipad up to his tiny ear for approval of each song.  That first day, and every day since, he could be calmed with music.

I think together, we compiled an optimal playlist of sweet lullabies fit for a sweet baby boy.
I will always think of those precious first moments, cuddling my new boy, when I hear these songs.

Enjoy!

Son's Mix

With a Little Help From My Friends::Joe Cocker
Where Are You Going?::Dave Matthews Band
All of My Love::Led Zepplin
Your Song::Elton John
Your Smiling Face::James Taylor
Don't Wanna Miss a Thing::Aerosmith
Upside Down::Jack Johnson
Three Little Birds::Bob Marley
Somewhere Over the Rainbow::Isreal Kamamawiwo'ole
Blackbird::The Beatles
Sweet Baby James::James Taylor
You & Me::Dave Matthews Band
Beautiful Boy::Ben Harper
Danny's Song::Loggins & Messina
You've Got a Friend::James Taylor
Baby Mine::Kenny Loggins
Lullabye (Goodnight, My Angel)::Billy Joel

No comments: