Thursday, June 7, 2012

So...A Camp Out

Me & First Daughter camping::August 2005


We spent the day preparing for camping tomorrow night.
We have not been camping since 2005, when First Daughter was 3 months old.
That was a long time ago.

The kids are beyond excited about camping and actually sleeping over.
We got out the tent, sleeping bags, air mattresses, flashlights, etc. etc. and it was like Christmas morning.  Apparently camping is a dream come true for them!  They are full of all sorts of giddiness.

I'm excited too.
Every year we plan to go camping and every year we don't.
Not this year!!!  We are going!!!
It's going to be great.
And honestly, I'm looking forward to sharing a sleeping bag with Baby Boy.
He's the best cuddler.


Other plans for the weekend::
::eat lots of s'mores
::do nothing
::put off camp out cleanup
::maybe do laundry
::maybe not
::take a nap
::enjoy Sunday
::take another nap

What can I say?  I'm a wishful thinker :)


P.S. A shopping trip to Costco with four kids, followed by a shopping trip to Walmart the next day with the same four kids, is not on my list of favorite things to do.  I would suggest avoiding it if you can :)

Happy Weekend! 


2 comments:

Sandy said...

You didn't mention where you were going camping? I am always interested in where people go to camp.

Autumn said...

I too have experienced the shopping trips with 4 kids. Not the funnest thing to do for sure. Next time leave them at my house! :)