Wednesday, May 23, 2012

So...Opposition

Lately I have been feeling the meaning of "opposition in all things."
Not that I have been feeling the negative of what life has to offer, but that I have literally been feeling opposition in everything I do.
More specifically, four little opposing forces.

I really am trying to focus on what I love about being a mom, and how much I love being a mom.
Because I really do love being a mom.
But man...sometimes every little thing feels like a fight, and such a chore, that it gets a little exhausting.

Husband and I are getting away this weekend for an overnighter.
I am really looking forward to it.

We always talk about making overnighters and trips a priority, and it rarely actually happens.  I'm hoping to get better at this because I'm recognizing how beneficial, and needed, time alone together is.  For us as a couple, but also for us individually.  It will be nice to get away for a night and have a break from being Mom and Dad, and be just two people in love.  (awww....) 

It really sounds like the best thing in the world right now.
I can't wait.

No comments: