Monday, April 23, 2012

So...Working Late

It's 10:00 pm and I just got back from the gym.  It's not ideal timing, but it's what I can do now.  And I am so glad that I can. 

I spent the last 40 minutes running and walking on the treadmill while reading the Ensign.  Three miles to myself.  This has become one of my most favorite things to do.  Getting both my physical and spiritual workouts in and filling my cup.  It's so great. 

I love being able to run - my body feeling strong and able, doing what it feels like it was meant to do.   I love the rhythm of my feet and the steadiness of my breath.  I love feeling the heat building in my face and the sweat soaking through my hair.  There's something about moving and pushing my body closer to its potential that just feels so good.  My post-baby self is not yet as capable as it once was, but I see progress little-by-little, step-by-step, and it is encouraging.  The body's ability to heal is an incredible heavenly design.

And so now I'm off to take a long, hot shower before I get comfy in my PJs and snuggle into bed with a good book to send me off to sleep.  Right now it's Heaven Is Here by nienie and I am loving every word. 



Goodnight, and thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Mk said...

Thank you Megan- you are so sweet to send this to me! And an autographed copy to boot- you're too fancy;)