Friday, March 11, 2011

So...You Speak

you don’t need to speak
you already tell me so much
you raise your eyebrows to say hello
you open your eyes wide to say you like it
you reach your arms to be held
you flap to show excitement
you suck on your fingers when you’re tired
you wiggle your toes when you want to snuggle
you babble “da da” when you want to play
you clap your hands when you hear us sing
you rock back and forth to say you’re ready
you softly grunt when you want some more
you speak the loudest when
you press your forehead to mine
you smile so sweetly to say
you love me.

November 23, 2009
Poetic Asides November PAD Chapbook Challenge Day 23: poem filled with noise.


Happy Birthday Third Daughter!



So...you may also like:
::So...I'm Not Ready to Be Done another poem about third daughter.
::So...I Don't Handle Rejection Very Well the story behind the poem.
::So...Overextended i love my baby.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: