Tuesday, March 22, 2011

So...D.E.A.R.

Drop Everything And Read

This book is an example of how much I love my daughters.

We went to the library to check out some more Magic Treehouse books. The next one in the series wasn't available. Located just one shelf away were millions and millions of Rainbow Magic fairy books. Literally millions.

First Daughter begged and begged. I was hesitant. Mostly because I wanted to stick to a series I knew both Daughters enjoyed. Partly because they looked stupid. I totally judged this book by the cover. Guilty as charged. And rightfully so.

We read #1::India the Moonstone Fairy and #2::Scarlett the Garnet Fairy. Both were pretty dumb. But they are about fairies and jewels and all things girl and so First Daughter loves them. Therefore, Second Daughter loves them too. Or so she says.

Second Daughter actually had a harder time following these books than others we've read. She was pretty distracted and not too interested while I was reading. Honestly, I was pretty distracted myself. I put myself in auto-read mode to try and get through it. It was slightly painful.

Something tells me though that we will keep reading these doozies. At least the rest of the Jewel Fairies series. Luckily, there are all sorts of types of fairies that have their own series as well. Oh joy.

Like I said...I love my daughters.



So...you may also like:
::So...D.E.A.R. princess collection.
::So...D.E.A.R. magic tree house.
::So...D.E.A.R. classics.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: