Friday, March 4, 2011

So...D.E.A.R.

Drop Everything And Read

Second Daughter and I just finished Disney Princess Collection. This is the first "chapter book" that Second Daughter and I have read just the two of us.

We read one story every day before her nap and it was something that we both looked forward to.

This collection has the classic stories of the Disney Princesses, as well as some new stories starring the same familiar princesses.

It was perfect for Second Daughter because the stories and characters were very familiar to her. There was a picture on every page for her to look at while I read which was also a bonus.

I worried for a while about not spending as much time reading with Second Daughter as I did with First Daughter. I worried that she wouldn't develop the same love for reading as First Daughter has. I worried that she wouldn't have the same imagination, language, and reading skills as First Daughter.

I was wrong.
She has caught up just fine and loves story time as much as First Daughter does.
Good thing too, because D.E.A.R. time is one of my favorite ways to spend time with the kiddos. Another ploy to get some extra snuggles in.



So...you may also like:
::So...D.E.A.R. magic treehouse.
::So...D.E.A.R. some classics.
::So...Today Was a Great Day i love me some snuggles.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: