Tuesday, February 1, 2011

So...writing creative nonfiction

Last week Writing Creative Nonfiction came in the mail for me. Like a friend of mine on facebook said, "it feels like Christmas." Indeed, that's exactly what it feels like.

I could hardly wait until the kiddos were in bed that night so I could crawl under my covers and stick my nose in this book. I am craving some direction and inspiration to write. I am seeking growth and momentum. I opened to the first chapter and read "Why I Write" by Terry Tempest Williams. I was blown away by the passion bursting out of her words. I ate it up in one big swallow. I know I will love reading this book.

Each chapter has a writing exercise at the end. This was one I couldn't pass up. "Why I Write" got me so pumped up I wanted to slam the book shut and furiously put pen to paper. In fact, that's exactly what I did.

I have a feeling these exercises may get the ball rolling again for some Write Away prompts.
I'm pretty excited.
Are you?



So...you may also like:
::So...Write Away the launch.
::Write Away: Just Write inspired by Poetic Asides and my gift of procrastination.
::So...Complete just because.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Emily and Benjamin said...

Megan, I got this book a while ago and LOVE it. I hope you post some of your writing exercises!

What I Did Today said...

Sounds really interesting. So glad that you got some more Christmas. I'm gonna go look up that book now. :)