Friday, January 21, 2011

So...Andrea

Photobucket
This is Andrea.
Andrea is Husband's cousin who we all love and adore.
She is always so fun to be around. She's happy, upbeat, caring, and very smiley. You just feel good when you're around Andrea.

This New Year's Eve, Andrea changed my life. She showed me how to use the manual settings on my camera. I have felt a bit overwhelmed and a bit frustrated with my camera, knowing that I could be taking better pictures than I have been, but having no idea how to do that.

Enter Andrea.

Andrea is a very talented self-taught photographer who generously shares her knowledge and passion for picture-taking without making you feel like she's better than you. She explained everything in a way that made sense to me without using a language I can't understand just to impress me. I can't express to you how much I appreciated that. It was the first time I talked photography with someone and didn't feel like a complete idiot (and poser).

I can't even tell you how excited I am about the little she shared with me. Those few tips have already made a huge difference in my picture-taking. Now I actually have an idea how to use my camera. Or at least an idea on how to figure out how to use it. :0)

Thank you Andrea! You are awesome!
Can't wait to get together again and pick your brain some more.

4 comments:

Quinn, Allison, Rylee and Cailyn McNamara said...

That's great! My few attempts at picking up on manual settings from photographer friends have been futile so far...I basically always revert to the set modes. But, I'm super excited; I signed up for a photography class that starts on Monday!
Here's to learning to use our cameras (:

Julie J. said...

I love Andrea too!

What I Did Today said...

Send her my way! I could use a few pointers. Lucky you.

AndreaB said...

Thanks Megan =] Isn't it great to finally be able to understand something?! I'm excited for you to be able to understand your camera better! Its a wonderful thing =] If you ever have any more questions, let me know =] I'm more than happy to answer them =]