Monday, January 11, 2010

Monday Memories 006: Summer Lovin'

Boston, summer 2002
Looking at pictures while compiling my photo diary of the last decade, I found a few gems that I thought were perfect for Monday Memories.
The above picture was taken in the Boston Public Gardens during the summer of 2002. This was Husband's (then Boyfriend) second trip to visit me in MA, and this time he came with Sister Inlaw. She was about to leave for her 18 month mission for our church in Tokyo Japan, and I guess wanted to scope out her potential sister inlaw before she left :). It was also a chance for her and Husband to spend some quality time together before she left.
That summer was an emotional summer. When I left Husband in Provo that spring, I wasn't sure it was the right choice to leave. I was so in love with this boy and was afraid to leave him. I was afraid what the distance and time would do. Sister and I left on May 1 to drive from Provo, UT back home to Needham, MA. I cried for 2 days of the 4 day drive. My poor sister.
Husband and I talked on the phone every night for at least 2 hours. I can't even imagine what we talked about for that long. If only we could carry on a conversation for that long now!
I was back working at my high school job and home-away-from-home, White Mountain Creamery. (If you are ever in the Wellesley, MA area, go there for some Best of Boston ice cream.) It was good to be home for the first week or so, but I quickly felt like I was back living a life that I had moved on from. I wanted to be back in Provo, going to school, and being with my man. I missed him more than I ever imagined I could. I missed him all the time. It seemed like missing him was all I did.
Having him visit me twice was a deal sealer for me. I knew he really was as serious about me as I was about him. I knew we would be together for a long time if not, forever. At that point my family wasn't yet on board, but I didn't care. I was absolutely and completely in love.
Oh, and my hair was blonde.

3 comments:

Julie J. said...

Your family wasn't on board? What's up with that?

Meg said...

they hadn't yet figured out how awesome Dave is :) And I was pretty young...

Travelin'Oma said...

I love love stories!