Thursday, January 7, 2010

So...photo diary of the past decade

I LOVED this idea (thanks MK) and had a lot of fun putting it together.

Here's a look at what has happened in our family in the past ten years:

In 2000, I was 16, a Junior at Needham High School, and didn't have my license yet.


I hung out with friends,

worked at White Mountain Creamery,

and played a lot of sports.
Husband was living in San Jose, installing garage doors and hanging out with friends & family.
He had already graduated from high school, went to Ricks College, served a 2 year mission for our church in Boston & Mexico, returned to Ricks College, and then home to work.
Did I mention that he's six years older than me?

In 2001, I graduated from High School.


Husband moved to Provo, UT in the summer of 2001, to find a wife.
Not really, but I joke about that sometimes.


We met January of 2002 and fell in love pretty fast.
We were together every day.

After school ended in April, I went home for the summer and that was the beginning of our 7 month long distance relationship.
It was the "make it or break it" point in our relationship.
We spent A LOT of time talking on the phone.
Husband came to visit me twice in Massachusetts, and I visited him once in San Jose.



We spent a lot of time apart.
Too long.
Boy, did I miss this guy...


January 2003, Husband came back to Utah and we were finally together again.

In February 2003, he proposed to me on this bridge.


Of course I said yes!


We were very happy,


and very much in love.


We had a long 8 month engagement. (too long)


In October 2003, we were married.
2004:We were still pretty cool back then :)


And still pretty good-looking :)




Most of the time.


Just before our first anniversary, I got pregnant.

We were very excited.
I graduated from BYU in 2005.

I was 38 weeks pregnant.


May 2005, First Daughter was born.


We moved to our favorite apartment in Orem, our third home, where we spent our first Christmas alone and met some lifelong friends.


In 2006 we bought our first house and moved back to Provo.



And I got pregnant again.


In March 2007, Second Daughter was born.




In 2008, we got Big Dog,


Husband got his truck,






and I got pregnant. Again.


In March 2009, Third Daughter was born.



We adopted Crazy Dog.



It has been a great decade for our little family.
It crazy to think how much has happened.
We are so excited to see what the next ten years brings!
At the rate we're going, we'll have at least three more kids and two more dogs.
Yikes!
If that happens, hopefully we'll have a bigger house and I won't be in a mental institution :)
Happy New Decade!

5 comments:

Mk said...

love it- you love birds have been busy! What a great family!

E and J said...

I can't believe how much of that time you were blond! I really loved this!

Tami Kate said...

I am in LOVE with this! So here is a funny... we graduated at the same time. You are far more accomplished! :)

Lexi said...

I loved this post! I might just have to do something like this for my anniversary post this year. Thanks for the idea that I plan to rip off ;)

Quinn, Allison, Rylee and Cailyn McNamara said...

love it! and love that bowser in crazy dog...it's fitting (: