Tuesday, December 29, 2009

So...I

Letter I!!!

I is for Inches




First Daughter measured and numbered the inches on her I

Second Daughter tried


They took turns measuring each other

And display:



I is for Ice Cream


First Daughter's


Second Daughter's

What I love about this project is that I outlined everything in washable marker, so when they paint with watercolors the water makes it all blend together. It's a great color matching exercise.

I is for Island


Second Daughter's


First Daughter's

I had them tell me what things they would want to have with them if they were stranded on an island. I'm not sure if they even knew what that meant, but it was fun to hear their responses.

My favorite was one of First Daughter's. If she was stranded on an island, she would want "Mom."


**I know there are a few obvious problems with these projects.
1.) "If I were on an island" is not grammatically correct. Oops.
2.) I spelled "fly" incorrectly on Second Daughter's island picture. Oops again. Apparently I wasn't having a very good spelling/grammar day.
2.) Husband informed me that ice cream cones are not stacked in a pyramidal formation. I realize that, but for the sake of having more scoops and a cone fit on one piece of paper, the pyramid remains. The kiddos didn't seem to notice or mind. :0)


3 comments:

Kathy said...

Cute projects

Mk said...

i pretty sure that is grammatically correct-
future subjunctive;)


Nice Art girlies!!!!

Meg said...

oh good - i can't tell you how many times i said that over in my head trying to figure out if it was correct or not.

"If I were..."
"If I was..."

Thanks for clearing that up!