Thursday, December 31, 2009

So...Fablehaven Quote

I am really enjoying the Fablehaven series by Brandon Mull.
Good, easy, entertaining reads.
I just picked up Book 4 today at the library and am super excited to get started.
I was expecting to be on the waiting list for a while since it's the most recent in the series, but it was ready for me to pick up right away. LOVE when that happens.

Anyhoo...
When I went to return Book 3, I realized I didn't write down my favorite quote that I had bookmarked. So I renewed the book so I could come home and write it down.
It's official. I'm a dork.
If you didn't already know.

So here it is:

We humans are conflicted beings. Our beliefs don't always harmonize with our instincts, and our behavior doesn't always reflect our beliefs. We constantly struggle with right and wrong. We wage war between the person we are and the person we hope to become. We have a lot of practice wrestling with ourselves. As a result, compared to magical creatures, we humans are much more able to suppress our natural inclinations in order to deliberately choose our identities.

- Brandon Mull, Fablehaven 3: Grip of the Shadow Plague, p.329

1 comment:

Liz Lopez said...

I love those books, they are awesome. did you know there is a 5th one coming out this year? ;)