Thursday, December 31, 2009

So...another one

Husband recently told me that he jokes about all of my blogs to his friends at work.
I have to admit, I don't blame him.
Like I've told you, I'm a dork.

So here's another poem from my chapbook for your commenting pleasure.
I forgot to mention that the title of my chapbook is "On Mommy-Hood"
So they're all about being a mom.
In one way or another.


New Mother

The day I became an inventor
and created something new
to change the world forever
was the day I created you.

You were perfect and pink,
my first baby girl.
I was the happiest new mother
in the entire world.

All day we spent waiting,
full of excitement and fears.
When you finally arrived
my love poured out through tears.

There is no way to know
what it’s like – a mother to be.
There is no way to describe
how much you changed me.

You gave my life purpose.
You gave me a role
as mother and teacher.
My heart you instantly stole.

I had no idea that day
what I could or couldn’t do.
All I knew for certain
was how much I love you.

2 comments:

Travelin'Oma said...

I love your poetry. I don't think there's any way to learn how to be a mom except to be one. You've expressed this so well.

Thanks for your supportive comment on my blog. I appreciate it!

Lexi said...

Beautiful