Thursday, April 28, 2011

So...Uplifting

Lately I have been feeling a desperate need to surround myself with all things positive and uplifting. My head and my heart have been consumed with all sorts of emotions {most of which I don't feel in control of} for the past couple months, and the reality is I am not fully equipped to roll with the punches of everyday thoughtlessness and carelessness. I'm just not.

And there's nobody to blame here but mere circumstances.
It's just the way it is.

I'm finding that I must be very proactive and deliberate in which doors I am opening and which ones I am shutting.
I need to surround myself with all things good, uplifting, and inspiring. At least for the time being.
I need to make sure that I am not becoming thoughtless and careless because of my circumstances or my currently weakened emotional capacity.
I want to limit as much collateral damage as possible.
I've been saying sorry, a lot.

So...in my small quest to find upliftment, I opened this book:



Reflections on life, relationships, and womanhood - and it is just what I needed.

"The most exhausting thing in life, I have discovered, is being insincere." p. 32

"The inter-relatedness of the world links us constantly with more people than our hearts can hold....My life cannot implement in action the demands of all the people to whom my heart responds." p. 124


This is exactly how I've been feeling.
It's all about simplifying - in all aspects of life.
Quality not quantity.

And it always helps to received thoughtful, sincere, caring words of encouragement.
Thank you to those who have.



So...you may also like:
::So...Love
::So...Seeing the Joy
::So...The Type of Person

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: