Tuesday, April 26, 2011

So...Morning on the Trail

Photobucket
{Husband & I on the bridge, 2003}

We took our first walk on the river trail yesterday morning.
The air was cool on our cheeks and our breath was warm. The water was high and sparkling from the sunlight peeking out from the clouds. There were blossoms and baby leaves reaching over the trail hanging off the tree branches. Through holes in the canopy I could see the melting snow topped mountains. I could hear birds chirping and my girls chattering in the stroller. I smelled spring - water, grass, and growth. The moment was sweet. The type that makes me want to stop, press pause, and take it all in.

My eyes were drawn to the magical water flowing next to us and I couldn't help but think how beautiful it was. It kept rushing past faster than I wanted it to. I wanted to reach down and hold a piece of that beauty in my hand for a moment, but I couldn't even if I tried.

And I thought, life is kind of like that.
Sometimes it feels as if it's rushing by - too fast to grab a hold of.
Sometimes it is so beautiful, so serene, that I can't help but pause and take it all in.



So...you may also like:
::So...An Honest Note to Self it makes such a difference.
::So...Peace from the Creator of all.
::So...I Couldn't Not i just love her.

Thanks for stopping by!




3 comments:

MommyMert said...

I feel like I was there with you through your words. Thanks for sharing.

Hannah said...

Holy moly. That picture, Meg! AMAZING. We are so lucky to live so close to such a beautiful trail. I love it here.

Love the last paragraph. Keep writing, Meg. You are amazing at it.

Meg said...

Ok, so...I failed to mention I didn't take the picture. It actually is from our engagement picture shoot (can you see us on the bridge?) It was taken by a friend of ours.