Wednesday, February 9, 2011

So...My Strongest Desire


My strongest desire
As mother to her
Is to be what she needs me to be.
To show her the way
To find happiness, joy,
Love, and faith; to help her to see

Her strength and potential
And all that she is
To reach it with all of her might;
To have the desire
The mind and the courage
Always to do what is right.

I was told to remember
There is no chance
In regards to the family.
We're part of a plan
For us both - mom and child
I will need her, and she me.

It was not random.
She is mine and I hers.
I believe we were given to each
To challenge and strengthen
To love and to grow
To question, to share, and to teach.

My strongest desire
As mother to her
Is to be what she needs me to be.
So I pray everyday
To see the right way
And to be what she needs me to be.


Poetic Asides Wednesday Prompt: belief poem



So...you may also like:
::So...Big Blankie i love sleeping with her.
::I'm Not Read to Be Done i love being her mom-mom.
::So...My Lines it's all part of the process.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Julie J. said...

Love it! You've got talent.