Sunday, November 22, 2009

So...My lines


February 2008

My Lines

As a mother of one, I did everything.
That's how I wanted it to be.
I didn't want to miss one second.
I wanted to do everything and so I did.
I never felt overwhelmed or overworked.

My second child came.
My expectations remained the same.
I wanted to be a mom that did evertying.
I didn't want to miss one second.
I wanted to be a mom full of love and patience.
I wanted to be a mom in control.
I wanted to do it all.
I wanted to handle it all.
I wanted to be the rock that kept everything together.

As a mother of two I discovered there were lines.
I thought my tolerance level was higher
And that my breaking point was farther away.
I learned where my lines were -
When to let things go,
When to share responsibilities.
I learned that I couldn't do it all.
I learned that being a mom
Is learning to find balance
In my life
And on my lines.

Poetic Asides PAD Chapbook Challenge:
poem involving lines

No comments: