Sunday, September 12, 2010

So...my six week plan

So...

Summer is over, my birthday weekend is over, and it has been about one month since I've been home from our vacation and have finished working out with a trainer. I have no excuse for what I am putting into my mouth.

I have had a little bit of a hard time getting back into the swing of things when it comes to diet and exercise. Ok, mostly just the diet. I have still been good about going to the gym, but I have pretty much let everything go when it comes to food. Let's just say I never really came home from vacation in the food department. Not good.

And I'm not going to lie. I love junk food. I love fast food. I love soda. I love cookies, candy, ice cream, and all kinds of treats. And I love to over eat. I know that it's gross. I know that it's bad for me. I wish I had more self control, but I don't. I wish I loved healthy food, but I don't. I have to make a conscience choice and commitment to eat healthily, which I can do. Which I had been doing. Which I need and want to do again.

So here I go.

And...(I can't believe I'm doing this)...I'm going to keep track of my progress, here on my blog.
You will be my accountability.

I'm 5 pounds away from my original goal.
I'm so close, but am having a hard time finishing what I started.
And the holidays right around the corner are worrying me.
I figure, if I lose the last 5 or so pounds I have left to lose before the holidays hit, I'll be set. I'll have a good enough buffer that I won't stress about what I will be eating. And if I reestablish good habits now then I won't to do much damage during the holidays.

I know I can do it.
I know I can crack down and be disciplined like I know I need to be.
I just need to do it.

So, starting tomorrow, for six weeks, I will be back on my program.

Diet:
1200 calories a day.
No soda (I'm going to try!)
No fast food
I would say no sugar, but I don't like making commitments I'm not confident I can keep.

Exercise:
Mon/Wed/Fri = cardio
Tues/Thurs = strength training
Sat = cross training

I will document my daily calories & exercise, and the amount of weight lost weekly. Sorry, but I will not be sharing my actual weight. Only my weight lost :)

If anybody is up for doing this with me, do it!
Keep track of your progress on your own, share in the comments section, or email me.
Or, just share any goal/progress you make with diet or exercise.

2 comments:

Becca said...

Really, no pop?? There's no way I could do that. Is it hard to count calories? I've never done that, it always seems like a lot of work. And only needing to lose five pounds isn't bad at all. I'm sure you'll do great! I know you can!!

Autumn said...

Yay!! If you only knew how much I LOVE that you're doing this. It's just what I needed to keep tracking myself too. Thanks for being such a faithful exerciser too. You're awesome.