Sunday, August 1, 2010

So...words of wisdom

If I have gained some wisdom through the years it might be attributed to two or three practices I have made a habit of doing: (1) observation, (2) listening and (3) following the example of the Savior....I have used him as a model in my life and when a decision or judgment needed to be made have asked myself the searching question: "What would the Savior do, given this set of circumstances?" This criterion has never failed me except and if I failed to think of it in time! That is the key. To think promptly about the Savior. It will take away wrath; it will establish the right course of action. Insofar as I have been able to remember Him and follow His example I have been blessed with wisdom.

- Bonita Gardner Hopkin, my Grandma

2 comments:

E and J said...

Really love this!

Hannah said...

A wise woman. Wonderful quote.

We need to come visit you sometime. Cami will be contacting you soon, I think.