Saturday, January 2, 2010

So...resolutions and 300th post

Hard to believe that today is my 300th post when only four months ago was my 200th.
Must have had a lot to say since then. :)

And for my 300th post, I am doing one of my favorite things of the year - celebrating my achievements of the past year and setting new resolutions for twenty ten.

'Atta Girls 2009:
1.) lose baby weighText Colort ~ I am happy with what I have done in 2009. I still have a little ways to go, but I have lost 30. I am happy with that.

2.) daily scripture study ~ my schedule worked and I completed both the Book of Mormon and Doctrine and Covenants this year. What a blessing this resolution has been in my life.

3.) be a better friend ~ this is one that I will continually work on. I am happy with the progress I have made in the past year.

4.) write the second letter ~ just wrote and mailed it this past week. It was a small miracle and no coincidence how I reconnected with her. Thank you Facebook.

5.) breakfast ~ we have become better breakfast eaters. Well, the Daughters and I - we still have Husband to work on.


Resolutions 2010:
1.) lose the last ten ~ like I said, I was close to losing my baby weight, but not done. I think ten pounds is a realistic goal for 2010. In fact, I'm hoping to lose it by March.
My plan: smaller portions, more exercise, more water.

2.) run a 10k ~ didn't run any races last summer as I had hoped. Running is something I am desperately missing these days and ready to do again.

3.) personal prayer ~ I want (and need) to develop better habits and a closer personal relationship with Heavenly Father through prayer. I have put so much effort into establishing good habits of prayer with my children and with our family, but have not been so consistent on my own. This needs to change.

4.) read the Old Testament ~ never done this before. Since I developed good scripture reading habits in 2009, why not put them to good use and read the Good Book?

5.) write everyday ~ I want to improve my writing skills and simply write more. Perhaps I will take a class. I will definitely be writing my third letter.

6.) be a more engaged mother ~ since Third Daughter was born, I have been on "automatic mom" mode too often. I want to be more engaged, listen better, really see my kids, and find more joy in the daily responsibilities of being a mom.
My plan: be less selfish, play with them more, laugh with them more, plan more family activities.

7.) think more of others ~ I spend a lot of time worrying about things I need to improve about myself. It's time (probably past due) for me to start thinking more of others and looking for opportunities, small and large, to serve.


Wishing you all a very Happy New Year and Happy Resolution Making!

4 comments:

Hannah said...

great resolutions! I need to make some myself.

Tami Kate said...

can I tell you that I love that you posted this.. I TOTALLY need to do the same...NOW about that 10K.... I love to run and well I am NEEDING to get back into it so if you are looking for company just yell I will bring the stroller and be there! :)

E and J said...

I thought of you when I read this post (http://chadandjezca.blogspot.com/2009/12/i-can-explain.html) from a friend. About half way down she recommends some books written by women. I know you're not specifically talking about journal writing but I thought you may like the recommendations.

Ginger Churchill said...

Oh my gosh. I have totally been missing out. I thought I had your blog on my blogroll and kept being disappointed that you hadn't posted anything in sooooo long and then today actually LOOKED at my blogroll and somehow you aren't there! You have like five million posts since I was last here! Anyway, I laughed so hard at the being critical of yourself being critical. That's so me. It looks like I have a lot of writing prompts to catch up on. I'll have to just start from now I guess.