Monday, January 4, 2010

Monday Memories 005: Mommy Moment

First Daughter, January 2006

Oh how I love this picture.

This is First Daughter helping me fold laundry on my bed. She spent a lot of time helping me do things like in our small Orem apartment in those days. We also spent a lot of time playing, talking, and napping on that bed. Life moved slower then. We had no where to be and nothing required of us more than just to be together. Life was so simple and every moment of motherhood was new and exciting. I don't remember feeling worried, overwhelmed, or concerned about anything. I'm sure I did, I just don't remember. Life was pure bliss.

First Daughter would bury herself in the laundry, roll around, and play peek-a-boo. I could easily make her laugh. Especially when I tickled that chubby tummy. Her cheeks were round and rosy, her eyes sparkled, and her smile instantly lit up the room and my heart. Husband and I loved to be parents. Our family felt more complete with her in it. We knew she wouldn't be our only child, but we cherished those moments when life was all about her. We knew that time was special, that we wouldn't have that same experience with any of our other kids, and that it would be over faster than we were ready.

1 comment:

Ginger Churchill said...

Ah, I love this picture, too!