Wednesday, December 16, 2009

So...critical

I'm not sure if this will make much sense, but here I go anyway...

- I'm feeling a bit "blah" lately
- not that I'm feeling sad, or depressed, just "blah"
- I'm finding myself being more critical than I want to be - of myself and of others
- I know being critical of myself is self-destructive
- I'm realizing that being critical of others is also.
- No good comes from being critical.
- It doesn't make me feel good.
- I don't think it makes anyone feel good.
- Justifying it by saying "I'm just trying to learn" is just that - justification, NOT validation
- I want to stop being critical.
- Comparing myself to others is just another form of being critical.
- I'm great.
- You're great.
- Everyone is great!
- I want to notice the great things first.
- I want to keep looking for more great things.
- I want to make people feel great.
- I'm pretty sure nobody wants to be around someone who is critical.
- Nobody likes feeling criticized.
- Nobody likes listening to someone criticize them self. (Was that correct English?)
- It's just awkward.
- I realize that I am now criticizing myself about being critical.
- I understand if you don't want to listen.
- I understand if you feel awkward right now.
- I kind of do too.
- Now that I've said my piece about being critical...
- I'm going to do something to change.

2 comments:

Autumn said...

Sorry you're feeling blah. You hide it well! Your sweet little Katie smiling on my doorstop with the carolers made my day by the way. She's so cute.

Kevin & Joy Herring said...

You make me feel great! I love that you are my VT. I love that we are in play group together. I love reading your blog because you inspire me in so many ways! THANK YOU!!