Tuesday, November 3, 2009

So...missionary in Argentina

Little Bro left yesterday for Argentina, after 11 weeks in the Missionary Training Center, to serve a two year mission for our church. My family all hopped on a conference call last night to wish him farewell and tell him how much we love him. It was the highlight of my day. Probably of the week. Little Bro is one of my most favorite people in the world and talking with him is one of my favorite things to do.

I couldn't help but think about him all last night and this morning. Today he is in Argentina and is probably already with his companion, maybe already out teaching people. I can only imagine how he is feeling and what he is thinking.

Little Bro serving a mission is such a great thing for him, for the people he's serving and teaching, and for my little family here in Provo, UT. Thinking about him (and Husband's Little Bro who is serving in Spain), what he's doing, what he's teaching, and who he's teaching, brings a wonderful spirit into our home and into my life. It helps remind me of the truly important things in life - the gospel of Jesus Christ, eternal families, serving others, obedience, love - and motivates me to share my testimony with those around me. Missionary work is awesome and Little Bro is my hero.

For those of you who have served missions, what is that first day like? How does it feel? How has serving a mission changed you?

For those of you (like me) who have not, how has having someone close to you serve a mission changed you? How have you been blessed by missionary work?

1 comment:

Kathy said...

As a missionary mom - it has expanded my world view. Just getting that video yesterday from Ryan - we totally love his companion! I watched it over and over and over. I kept thinking "That young man means everything to my son right now..." I just wanted to reach out and give him the biggest hug and tell him thank you for being so good to Ryan.