Saturday, July 4, 2009

So...pictures

A picture is worth a thousand words.
Or is it a million...?
Whatever it is...I have found inspiration for blog posts after FINALLY uploading pictures from my camera onto my computer from the past month.
Hopefully these pictures will fill my blog with post for the next week or so. (Hopefully...)

Here's the first blogworthy picture:
First Daughter and Friend at Disney's: Beauty & the Beast put on at the Scera Shell Outdoor Amphitheater.

This was our first time at the Scera Shell and I can't believe that we haven't been there sooner. I absolutely loved it! And the girls did too! The theater is located in the middle of a park in Orem, on a beautifully green grassy hill surrounded by TREES (oh how I love trees). There are sections in the theater with chairs, but most of the theater is grass for blankets and folding chairs for patrons to bring. The atmosphere is what I loved the most. I loved the families, CHILDREN INCLUDED, laying out there blankets, with their picnic dinners and bagged treats, cuddling together under a blanket, under the stars, to watch a THEATER PRODUCTION together. LOVED it. And, if that wasn't good enough, the production was fantastic. First Daughter was enthralled the whole time (being obsessed with Disney Princesses might have helped a bit) and because of the outdoor theater, was able to sing along with all her favorite songs!

I continue to be amazed at how quickly children grow. First Daughter is becoming more and more independent and I find myself transitioning into more of a spectator than the ring leader in her social life. Those two girls were giggling and chatting up a storm the whole night. They have their own inside jokes and adventures to find. I am amazed, proud, and a little bit weepy...

So...
I am a BIG FAN of the Scera Shell Outdoor Amphitheater, and will be making sure to return summer after summer. Next year we're bringing the whole fam! And dinner too!

1 comment:

MommyMert said...

I wish we would have gone. We missed out. Love your kiddos. Thank you SO MUCH for last night. It was wonderful. You are seriously one terrific friend.