Monday, January 12, 2009

So...

It’s funny how kids think and feel so grown up. I remember thinking I knew so much about life and the world, wanting more responsibility, more trust from my parents, and feeling like I had mature, grown up, serious relationships. Now that I am an adult, I’ve never felt more like a kid. I don’t know anything about life, I don’t know what the heck I’m doing, I wish I didn’t have any responsibilities, I’m wondering where all my time has gone, and all I want sometimes is my mommy! I find myself sometimes thinking/saying to myself “Who are these kids and why are they calling me mom?”

2 comments:

Hannah said...

That is so true! I often wish I could stop time so that I don't miss anything and take a week long vacation from life. I keep thinking the next turn in life will be easier and slower...but it is usually just the opposite.

Marianne Hopkin said...

You'll be saying that all your life. I still say it at age 54. "Who are these kids, and how can they possibly be calling me mom? They know more than me about almost everything. They are so capable and smart. How did I ever get selected to be their mom? Did they select me? If so, it must have been for my benefit. How can I possibly be the mother of such amazing people? Wow. It boggles my mind.......still.