Tuesday, December 23, 2008

So...bloggers

My eyes have been opened to the possibilities and the potentials in the blogging community. There are some amazingly impressive blogger out there! These people are funny, clever, have great taste, and I really enjoy reading their blogs.

I also have discovered the concept of subscribing to blogs. I'm sure I'm late in learning about this, but you can subscribe to a blog that you follow which makes it easier to stay on top of their updates. It really is an easy way to manage the blogs that you follow and not have to spend time surfing through your favorite blogs until you find one with a new post. It's great!

There are probably different ways to subscribe to blogs that I don't know about yet, but two ways I know is either through Google Reader or to become a follower of a blog on your blog dashboard. Both require a gmail account (I think). I'm sure there are other ways to subscribe to blogs, but those are the only ways I know. If you know of another way, please feel free to share in the comments!

Anyway, here are some blogs in particular that really enjoy reading:

Sherbet Blossom is a friend and neighbor of mine. She never ceases to impress me with her ambition, her confidence, and her great taste in EVERYTHING. She really is amazing and has some great ideas, FUN giveaways, and links on her blog. She also is a graphic designer and does beautiful work on designing blogs, invitations, greeting cards, etc.

Not Too Shabby is a friend of mine from my former life in the world of lacrosse. She is one of the funniest people I know and I really love her style. If I had style :) I would want style like hers. She has some great ideas and thoughts, and is also a talented photographer (and an amazing lacrosse player btw).

Staci Shots is my sister inlaw and this blog is dedicated to her photography. This isn't a discussion blog, mostly just a gallery of her photography. She is very talented and I am impressed with her ability to learn a new skill that interests her. She lives in MA - so all of you local readers won't be able to hire her (sorry!). I really enjoy looking at her work mostly because she's my sister inlaw and I want to support her, but also because it's fun to watch her develop her talent and I get some great ideas from her work. Someday I'm sure we will talk her into taking some shots of us and that will be great :)

Ginger Unplugged is my friend and next door neighbor. She is a published author and an incredible writer. I also REALLY enjoy reading her writing, even about her everyday life. She is hilarious, incredibly down to earth, has great taste in music, and is a wonderful mother & friend. She is probably one of the most genuine people I know and I appreciate that so much about her, and that is why I enjoy reading her blog - it's real!

At Full Capacity is another one of my friends and neighbors. This blog is HILARIOUS to me. It is her family blog (I hope you don't mind I'm sharing) but it is full of insight into the "joys" of mothering toddlers. She "put on hold" her life and passion of cycling to be a mother (something I can relate to) and admire her for how she handles that. Our kids are about the same age and I absolutely love talking to her and reading her blog because she is incredibly honest about motherhood - things (mothers & children) are not perfect!

If you have any blogs that you follow and LOVE please share!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Wow, thanks Megan! I'm glad I can give you a good laugh every now and then.

I'm all about sharing the reality of motherhood, even the ugly side.

I'm excited about this new blog of yours!!

Becca said...

I'm excited to read this blog! Make sure you keep the pictures coming on the other one. I LOVE your girls!

scooping it up said...

ooh I made it! I like the "so..." format. very creative. I have a few blogs I love to read, some are families that have adopted from Ethiopia (since we are starting that process in the next 3 months and it's reassuring to look at other transractial families children in them)one is http://abushel-and-apeck.blogspot.com/, they are an amazing family. Another non-adoption blog that cracks me up is www.thepioneerwoman.com.