Monday, March 17, 2014

So...We've Been Busy!

Remember when I actually used to write on this blog?
Ya, me too...
 
Well it's been a busy few weeks over here.
I'll start with my trip to BOSTON. 
Yes!  Boston!
 
Son #2 and I hopped on a plane and headed to my hometown for my mom's 60th birthday.  The best part about it - she didn't know we were coming!
 
We showed up at my parents' house while they were out to dinner.  We put Son #2 in a high chair in front of the front door so when they walked in, this is what they saw.
It was awesome.
We all jumped out at yelled "surprise!"
She was so surprised and so excited.
Son #2 cried a lot - poor guy didn't know what was coming.
Mom with all her grandkids that were there

Son was such a champ throughout the whole trip and on the plane.  It was really nice to have some one-on-one time with the little guy.  He's such a mama's boy so he especially loved it.  He even got to sleep in bed with me the whole trip!  He would grab onto my arm and snuggle me in the middle of the night.  So sweet.

We came home on Daylight Savings Sunday and needless to say, the adjustment was a little rough.

We also got new windows last week!
Wahoo!
I am so very beyond excited about this.

We had two birthdays this week.
Third Daughter turned five.  We celebrated with a disco party, princess cake, and a trip to the dollar store (her request).  She got a new bike, tea set, and clothes from grandma.  She was very happy!

Second Daughter turned seven.
She had strawberry cupcakes with vanilla swirly frosting.  We celebrated with lots of Minecraft (her choice), friend time, and hot tubbing at night as a family.  She also got a new bike, new shoes, paints, and clothes from grandma.  She also got a picture frame from her best friend with a picture of them in it.  She loves it!

In other news -
We've been loving the warm sunny weather
 
and First Daughter has discovered a photo booth app on my phone :)
 
The leprechauns visited our house this morning for St. Patrick's Day but we didn't get any photos to prove it.  Just imagine lots of gold coins, Reese's peanut butter cups (they're gold too), Werther's, and green clothes.  Oh, and Lucky Charms. 
 
It was a breakfast of champions.
The kids loved it.

And the leprechauns turned our milk green too.
Naughty leprechauns...

Corned beef for dinner tonight.
I've never cooked it, and I've never eaten it.
This should be interesting.



So...you may also like::
::So...What We Did on St. Paddy's
::So...It's Me Lucky Day
::So...Valentine's Treat

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: