Monday, July 7, 2014

So...More On Happiness

So I came across this article on Pinterest about what happy people do differently, and oh my goodness, I love this list!  I want to print it off and tape it on the wall next to my bed.
 
I'm working on #2, #6, #7, #9, #10, #11, #13, and #15.
Almost all of these have to do with my interactions with others.
Interesting...
I'm really trying to get outside myself, improve my relationships, and let a lot of stuff go.
I know when I do it'll feel great!
 
There are three more things that I would add to this list (because 25 feels so much better than 22 :))::
 
23. Doing your duty.
 
A favorite quote of mine from my grandma is "The secret of happiness is not in doing what one likes, but in liking what one has to do."  I find great satisfaction and happiness when I do the things I need to do. 
 
24. Serve others.
 
President Monson said, “To find real happiness, we must seek for it in a focus outside ourselves. No one has learned the meaning of living until he has surrendered his ego to the service of his fellowmen. Service to others is akin to duty, the fulfillment of which brings true joy.”
 
25. Keep the commandments.
 
"Wickedness never was happiness"Alma 41:10.  Being straight before the Lord brings confidence and happiness.  It feels pretty lousy to be holding on to sin or bad habits that bring us down.  Trying my best to keep the commandments, along with true repentance when mistakes are made, brings so much happiness and joy.
 
 
Well, there you go.
I'm no expert on the matter, but I'm working on it.
 
Anything you would add to this list?
Please do share :)
 
 
 
So...you may also like::
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
 

No comments: