Thursday, January 17, 2013

So...Pinworthy::Mongolian Beef

Mongolian Beef is one of my favorite take-out dishes.
It is sweet and savory and oh so yummy.
When I saw this recipe on pinterest I knew I wanted to try it.
I usually stick to the same simple recipes around here, but lately I've resolved to take more risks and try more new recipes.

Here's where pinterest steps in and becomes my best friend::

Mongolian Beef

I made this for Sunday dinner and it was so delicious!
I served it with steamed rice and stir-fry veggies.
The sauce this meat is cooked in is to die for.
I covered my entire plate with it.
No soy sauce for me!

Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of my attempt.
This meal is slightly labor intensive (anything that requires hot oil in a pan causes a little bit of stress with little kids around) and so the camera stayed tucked safely away. 
But take my word for it - it was delicious.
My version had a lot more sauce than the recipe picture shows, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. 
Like I said, the sauce was great on the rice and so delicious on the veggies.

You could actually make this meal, minus the beef, and just have stir-fry veggies, rice, and this amazing sauce!  So yummy!

Definitely pinworthy.



So...you may also like::
::So...Yummy: Thai Chicken Pizza one of my all time favs.
::So...Zucchini baby sized.
::So...Ensalada now i want one.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: