Friday, January 14, 2011

So...three week workout

I have been struggling to get back into the workout routine I established in the past 11 months. I thought I had gotten to the point in which going to the gym was so routine that I would never stop going. I was wrong. During the past month or so, going to the gym has been hit or miss (mostly miss) and I am not comfortable with this. I am not comfortable with the idea of quitting such a positive and neccesary part of my daily routine.

Recently I read that after three weeks your body gets used to whatever exercise routine you are doing. In order to continue seeing results you need to change your routine every three weeks. Makes sense. Since I have been in essence following the same exercise schedule for the past year I'm thinking it's time for a change. I am also hoping that in sticking with three week workouts I will stay focused and motivated to keep up the exercise routine.

One thing I've always known about myself is that if I want to accomplish something, I need to plan it out and set specific sub-goals. I can't just say "I want to go to the gym everyday" and expect to 1) get there everyday, and 2) actually get a good workout in. I have to go with a purpose.

So...here is my first set.

3WeekWorkout - Set 1:

Photobucket


This is pretty similar to what I've been doing for the past year, but I thought it would be good to start with something familiar. The lift class I have been going to on Thursdays has changed to bodypump, and I have added a core cross-training class on Fridays, which I love. The other part that has been missing in my workouts since the summer is the long run. I'm excited and nervous about adding that back into the mix.

So, here's to recommitment and here's to keeping up a healthy lifestyle.

1 comment:

tamikate said...

Megan,

What time you going to the gym? What if we went together? Just an idea...