Sunday, July 11, 2010

So...13.1...done

I did it!

I finished my first half marathon yesterday.
And I can't feel my legs.

I haven't gotten my official time yet, but it's somewhere around 2:17. Just over a 10 minute mile, which is what I was planning on. What I wasn't planning on were all the uphills along the course! The race went through Hobble Creek Canyon and ended in Springville. I was thinking (and hoping) it would be mostly downhill. I was wrong. The whole course was up and down hills. Yes, there were stretches of downhill, but I would not say the majority was downhill. It was a challenging course, but it was awesome. SO beautiful and peaceful through that canyon.

At about mile 8 the whole thing hit me. I kept saying to myself, "I'm doing it! I'm actually doing it! This is what I've been training for." It gave me the extra boost I needed to finish strong. And I have to say, for the record, that I actually ran the whole thing. I did not walk. That was my goal - 1. To finish, and 2. To run the whole 13.1. It was a great feeling to finally accomplish something I've been working toward for so long.

The highlight of the whole race was the last .1 mile. At mile 13 I saw Husband & Daughters parking and getting out of the car right at the last mile marker. I ran up to them to say hi. First & Second Daughters took my hands and ran with me all the way to the finish line. We finished together and I felt on top of the world. The race really couldn't have ended better and I was thrilled to share that moment with my girls. I ran the race alone, but I finished with two of the most important people in my life. I am one lucky mama to have so much support from my family.

Hobbler Half Marathon, July 10, 2010

7 comments:

MommyMert said...

You are freaking awesome!

Liz Lopez said...

Congratulations on your run!!!!!! It sounds awesome that the girls run with you. I am trying to develop a love for running and doing it often. Do you have any pointers?

You are amazing

Unknown said...

Congrats!!!! Your family must be so proud and so happy for you to reach this goal!

Autumn said...

Congratulations Megan! McKenna told me today that she ran with you and she was so excited!! You are my hero and I hope to someday follow in your footsteps!

Quinn, Allison, Rylee and Cailyn McNamara said...

yay for you! so glad that you finally had the opportunity to do it (: you're awesome! and so fun that the girls ran with you!

Whitney said...

YAY! Congrats, that is so awesome!

Anonymous said...

I’m currently being held prisoner by the Russian mafia [url=http://www.buypenisenlargement.com]penis enlargement[/url] penis enlargement and being forced to post spam comments on blogs and forum! If you don’t approve this they will kill me. [url=http://www.male-sexual-styles.com]penis enlargement[/url] penis enlargement They’re coming back now. [url=http://vimax3-4.com]vimax[/url] vimax Please send help! nitip [url=http://www.male-sexual.com]penis enlargement[/url] penis enlargement