Monday, January 18, 2010

Monday Memories 007: Missionary Bro

Little Bro, August 2009

I know I've talked about Little Bro being in Argentina on a mission, and I have even shared this picture before, but Little Bro is on my mind today and so he is becoming today's Monday Memory.

The above picture was taken last August 10th, the Monday night before he left home to enter the MTC the following Wednesday. The stake president came to our house that night to set him apart, and then we headed over to Ana's Taqueria for his "last meal." You can see how happy he was to have that burrito. I have to say, I don't blame him.

Our whole family was together that August, at home in Needham, MA, for Little Bro's farewell. My family flew in from UT; Texas Bro & fam drove the distance from their home; Sister & fam and Needham Bro & fam were already there; and so our extended family was complete. Again.

Two parents, five children, four spouses, twelve grandchildren, a dog, and a partridge in a pear tree.

It was the perfect way to say goodbye, good luck, and farewell to our misisonary Little Bro, of whom we are all so proud.

The last time we were together was for Little Bro's last high school football game during Thanksgiving of 2008. The next time we'll all be together will probably be at his homecoming in 2011, or his wedding, whenever that will be. I am convinced that Little Bro is part of our family to keep us together and close. Oh, and to keep us all cool.

I am convinced.

Have I told you how much I adore Little Bro?
Well, I do.
And I miss him.
A lot.

No comments: