Sunday, December 20, 2009

So...what I needed today

On a day when I needed some guidance in the parenting department, these three gems came my way.
And it was exactly what I needed.

And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness, I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for it they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.
- Ether 12:27, Book of Mormon


...discipline is the consistent exercise of agency to choose the right because it is right, even when it is hard. It rejects the self-absorbed life in favor of developing character worthy of respect and true greatness through Christlike service (see Mark 10:42–45).
- D. Todd Christofferson, "Moral Discipline," Ensign, Nov. 2009, 105


Security for our families comes from learning self-control, avoiding the excesses of this world, and being temperate in all things.
- Kent D. Watson, “Being Temperate in All Things,” Ensign, Nov. 2009, 39

1 comment:

MommyMert said...

Thank you. I needed these too.