Tuesday, May 26, 2009

So...lists

Miracles happen when I make lists.
(See previous post).
I started making lists like the one pictured below in college. I was a Music Major study violin and was required to practice 4 hours a day. Consistency is a must for me if I want to make something a habit, but I could not find a 4 hour time slot each day to schedule in practicing. So I had to break it up - 3o minutes here after lunch, 10 minutes there between classes, and hopefully an hour before going home, etc. etc. When I would make these glorified lists of things I needed to do, and commit to when I was going to do them, I was so much more likely to get it done.
I go in and out of this habit. Whenever I'm in the habit, I am much more productive, and much happier because I feel like I'm doing the things I want to do. And it's amazing how much time I can find in the day to do the things that are important to me.

And there's just something about crossing things off my daily list of things to do that makes me so happy!

No comments: