Tuesday, January 6, 2009

So...one more

I almost forgot...

8.) breakfast ~ we have never been big on breakfast in our house. We usually have breakfast on Sundays (we'll see what happens with 9 am church this year) but not always on the other days of the week. Dave almost never has breakfast, I start my day with an Instant Breakfast (mostly to settle morning sickness), and the girls want chocolate milk first thing in the morning and then won't ask for anything to eat until almost lunch time. If I make them breakfast, sometimes they eat some of it, but usually they don't. Obviously, we are not getting "the most important meal of the day" in our house. I am mostly concerned about the kiddos. This year I want to make more of an effort to get our days started off right with BREAKFAST. I know it may seem silly, but this may be a challenge for us.

1 comment:

Marianne Hopkin said...

have you tried a warm bowl of oatmeal with some honey? Or a whole wheat Enflish Muffin with strawberry jam or honey. Maybe the girls would eat something if you gave them some chocolate mild after they ate. Make sure they get some whole grains,fruit, or/and protein. If they see you eat breakfast they will be more likely to eat it themselves. Honey Nut Cheerios are also good, sweet enough, and healthy.