Friday, December 26, 2008

So...tired

So we made it. We made it through the craziness and excitement of Christmas. We had a BLAST, but the past 3 days have been full of so many family activities and TONS of food that my body is definitely ready to crash. In fact, I'm not sure why I am even awake right now! I must be crazy...

This is a good kind of tired though. I wouldn't trade it for anything. I'm glad that we were able to do everything that we did and visit everyone we visited in the past few days. We really had a fabulous Christmas and I'm so glad we were able to share it with family and close friends (we count them as family too) despite the snow storms. I also am so glad that our children love their toys and games so much that we have had days full of playtime! They even were able to convince mom to come have a tea party and play with dolls. It's a miracle! Yes, I confess that I have a very short attention span when it comes to playing with toys. This is something I desperately want to be better at, but I just really am not a great player. Very sad, I know... BUT! We have had a great time the past 2 days! I don't know if it's the fun new toys, or having Dad home making me feel like I'm on vacation from everything I need to do...I don't know. But it has been great and so much fun.

This pregnancy is also feeling VERY real lately and quite exhausting. My belly feels like it's squishing my lungs all the way up into my throat when I sit down. Ok, I know that's a bit dramatic and exaggerated, but the point is I am having a hard time breathing. I feel like I'm out of breath all the time - especially when I'm sitting down. But, I'd take this any day - I know I have it pretty good when it comes to pregnancy. I really do feel great and am getting more and more excited everyday for this baby to be here.

I'm realizing that with each pregnancy I am more excited and anxious for the baby to be here and less excited about the actual pregnancy. I'm not saying that I don't like being pregnant, but I'm just more excited and focused on the actual baby. That probably sounds like a strange thing to say, but I think the first time, and even the second time I was pretty focused on being pregnant. Pregnancy was still so new and I was paying attention to every little detail of pregnancy and comparing pregnancies. This time, I don't care so much about the actual pregnancy - I'm just DYING to hold that baby!

Anyway....I'm realizing that I'm babbling and like usual have drifted the dialogue to pregnancy/motherhood. It seems like that's what I almost always end up talking about. I guess that's because that's my life these days and what I think about 90% of the time. Hmm...maybe I should work on expanding my train of thought...

Well, now that it is almost midnight, I should go to bed and try to get some rest so I don't still feel tired in the morning. My body is definitely telling me it's time for bed - I think 3 of my 4 limbs are already asleep. Goodnight and goodbye - until later...

No comments: